2010 impreza Outback sport
By aherrmann17 on
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
This car burns oil. The scheduled maintenance for my region is every 7500 miles for an oil change. The outback sport however decided to develop rod knocking due to lack of oil in the engine. CA state law does not allow a car to burn 4.5 quarts of synthetic oil in 7500 miles. Highly dissatisfied with this car. I would not recommend it to anyone.
Favorite Features
LED tail lights. Rims look better than standard 2.5i. AWD
Suggested Improvements
Oil burning issue. Too much body roll. Engine seriously lacks in performance. And the MPG sucks. 26 freeway for a N/A 2.5L 170hp economy car? This car is at the low end of its class compared to others similar vehicles.
By crtruthbtold
on 09/23/14 21:54 PM (PDT)

I have (and I am now selling) my 2010 Subaru Impreza (Outback Sport). I bought it new, it burns oil. Ridiculous. All the maintenance and oil changes as required. In under 100K miles I had an oil leak develop and had to replace valve gasket -$$$ repair. less than 10K miles later I had a push rod bearing go because of oil burning! and now I have to buy a short block engine if I wanted to repair it. I am selling it for salvage for more than I expected as I refuse to sink good money after bad. At least I don't owe any money on it. This is the 2nd Subaru I have purchased with oil issues (the other was a turbo Baja - 4 burned valves while still under warranty in the first 36K miles). DONE with Subaru.