2008 civic Si to 2010 WRX
By Dave M. on
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Bought this car on a whim. An 828 credit score can do that to you. I was disappointed in my Si's power output and it's inability to shine even if throwing $2k in aftermarket parts at it, it can only gain an additional 20 hp. Compare that to the WRX which already beats it 2 seconds to 60 mph, and with $1300 for a downpipe, cat- back, and a custom ECU tune, gains 50 hp and 80 lb ft torque. Thus, making a fast car even faster. It doesn't have the precision steering that the Si has, or the stereo, but the power is why I bought the WRX. I expect to lose a few mpg to the Si which is fine. 1st and 2nd gear are a riot BTW! Highly recommend this car! Don't buy an Si if you expect straight line performance.
Favorite Features
AWD launches, hard hitting acceleration in stock trim can only get better with modifications. Sleeper looks should help with the police. Overall, a great looking car.
Suggested Improvements
Yeah, the stereo could use a sub, but I bought this car for performance and subs add weight which decreases performance. I don't really thump my music anyway. If you read all the reviews about the stereo, by the time you sit in one like I did and have a listen, it's better than what i was expecting!