2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Oil burner - burnt engine/valves. Awful
By crtruthbtold on 09/23/14 22:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bough (and I am now selling) my 2010 Subaru Impreza (Outback Sport). I bought it new, it burns oil. Ridiculous. All the maintenance and oil changes as required. In under 100K miles I had an oil leak develop and had to replace valve gasket -$$$ repair. less than 10K miles later I had a push rod bearing go because of oil burning! and now I have to buy a short block engine if I wanted to repair it. I am selling it for salvage for more than I expected as I refuse to sink good money after bad. At least I don't owe any money on it. This is the 2nd Subaru I have purchased with oil issues (the other was a turbo Baja - 4 burned valves while still under warranty in the first 36K miles).Stay away.

terrible car
By dhbsn on 07/04/14 20:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

i was expexcting so much more out of this car.bought it new in 2010. after about 3000 miles realized that i had no oil thought that was weird. but let it go happen again.so i took it to the dealership where i had bought the car and they said they had been getting a lot of these kind of complaints. So i sold that thing as soon as possible and got my self a wry and could not be happier. same car just much better all around except for gas milage. glad i sold that car

Second and LAST Subaru
By weegian on 08/20/12 09:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Impreza. The first one, a 2006, was a much better car. I had no problems with the 2006. The 2010 has 31k miles on it and feels like it's rattling apart. It's been idling rough for a few months, but according to the dealership that I brought it to, that's what makes a Subaru a Subaru. I just dropped it off for an oil change and found out that the rear brakes are completely worn down to the metal. The paint is also pretty terrible. It scratches if you look at it funny. After less than a year, I had scratches around all of the door handles. It's my personal theory that Toyota is not so slowly trying to kill the Impreza.

2010 2.5 I Manual
By okkphil1 on 04/26/11 16:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car burns a ton of oil and they will not fix it. It has to burn more than 1 quart every 1,200 miles or they will not fix it. I am unhappy with Subaru for this reason alone. I will not buy another Subaru or promote buying any of their cars. If something breaks or is flawed, like my engine, they won't make it right.

2010 2.5i Subaru Sedan
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Subaru Impreza about 5 months ago after trading off my Honda Pilot. I was hesitant because of the large amount of snow we get in North Dakota. However, I could not be happier with the trade. The gas mileage is much better, no problems in the first 8,000 miles, and it is fun to drive. We ended up with 12 inches of snow in 24 hours and I had no issues commuting to and from work. Probably the funnest car I have owned, and it is number 6.

Sweet ride!
By Shoju on 09/01/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for six months now, and I love my car very much. 5 speed manual with all weather package. I get about 22 MPG on my daily commute to work. I can get between 25-32 MPG on long freeway drives. Living in sunny Southern California, the heat causes a unique experience within my Subaru. When it gets hot, the plastics of the interior give off a nauseating smell. The interior looks great to me. It's just that being plastic makes it not as good. The stereo is great. Those who complain about the stereo when using a MP3 player need to learn that AUX jacks means the volume is controlled on the device! Turn it up on the device and then it will sound fine through the stereo!!

Awesome rex
By jorge on 08/18/10 16:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Recently upgraded from an 05 Scion tC automatic. The difference is like night and day. Performance, price and practicality. Not many sports cars can claim these. Breathtaking acceleration, smooth ride, plenty of trunk space, and four doors. I average about 22 MPG, mostly city driving. This is the sports car for the family man. Beware though, it attracts a lot of attention, especially from your local PD. Very fast out of the box, and relatively cheap to make faster. Catback + downpipe + tune will push this car well past 300 hp

Much for the money! Great value.
By Peter on 08/06/10 16:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Subaru Legacy in the past, and this car is just about the same size. I like the handling, the fuel mileage, the AWD, the interior, and even the radio/CD player. I drove a friend's Mercedes Benz a few years ago, and this car reminds me of the drive, comfort, stability, and tightness of that $50,000+ vehicle. I absolutely love it. I have Satellite radio and enjoy that on longer drives. I drives like you are on a cloud! Very, very smooth and comfy. I will be driving it for a long time!

Nice surprise
By phillip on 07/25/10 17:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I made the right choice when buying this car, drove solid from the dealership, love the fact this is awd, cant find a car awd in its class for the price, interior I really like some have not like thee seat material, I feel there right on, surprisingly good acceleration, and shifts, love the fact this is a rally inspired car, this car will be in the family for a long time .

Surprise Surprise
By Phillip on 07/20/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought the imprezza yesterday (7- 19-10), drove it back home , and was really surprised the road manners , and just that it hauls, really like the feel of the interior. even for a standard imprezza , you get the boxer engine like a Porsche the infamous AWD of Subaru, had to steer the car from going off the road cause it just looks for its next conquest! Same price would have bought me a corolla , what fun is that? So glad I bought this awd inprezza which the awd is standard, acceleration very good, this car will be in our family for a long time, unlimited performance upgrades, that I can push the limits on the car, great rally inspired Subaru awd! . Thanks Subaru!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan in VA is:

$120 per month*