Used 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Do I really need a car this fast?
By WesK

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What other vehicle can rip the roads and have as much space as a mini-van inside? At 10% throttle, you have a car that almost behaves like a well mannered commuter vehicle in traffic. Step on the gas, and you will probably be breaking any speeding law in less than one second.

Favorite Features

Seats a family of 4 and can get them to their destination in a hurry. Raw power, confident handling, rock solid brakes, great needle gauge dash.

Suggested Improvements

It needs an eco/sport mode feature like on the hybrids to adjust the throttle response. 6speed MT with a longer 1st gear for driving in 5mph traffic, and a 6th gear for cruising at legal highway speeds. The scoop is way overdone, and just say "no" to smooth plastic interior trim pieces.

2010 WRX 5-Door Satin White
By rudy

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Prior to purchasing this car I test drove the new GTI, Speed-3, and the Mini Clubman S. However one drive int he Subaru WRX and the decision was easy. The Subie impressed me right away with it's combination of incredible power and AWD grip. The interior is well done too. The sport seats are perfect and the cockpit looks awesome with the glowing red gauges and white needles that sweep upon start up. The engine revs very smooth and transmits little to no vibration at idle. The steering communicates good feedback with the road and offers a very tight turn radius. In the back the 19 cubic feet of cargo area allow for this car to be both a utility vehicle and a weekend toy.

Favorite Features

265 hp Turbo power, AWD, great interior layout, exterior design of 5- door is both functional and looks good, build quality. Finally rolling past the 1000 mile engine break in mark and dipping into the upper rpm range is priceless.

Suggested Improvements

Child seat rear anchors should located on the back of the rear seats to save cargo space (not trunk floor near opening), base stereo is pretty bad, change front visor design to allow for extension to block out the sun at the b-pillar, make short throw shifter and fog lights standard on the base WRX.

Fun and fast!
By VJD

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Finally drove a new, with 6 miles on it, pearl white 2010 WRX HB equipped with the SPT shortshifter and exhaust. Within a few minutes I knew this was the car for me. Excellent low end power, handling and road feel. Plus it has AWD. Finally found a replacement for my long gone '04 R32.

Favorite Features

Potent engine, great throttle response, communicative steering, SPT shortshifter and exhaust system, HB versatility.

Suggested Improvements

For cosmetic reasons, lightweight STI 18 inch BBS style wheels would look nice on the car.

The WRX is a really fun car to drive!
By WRX in ABQ

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just under 1,000 miles so far, which means I can start going a little higher on the revs. That's scary, because even at 4k-5k, the acceleration is phenomenal! Outstanding pick up at low mph or highway level. Very smooth. Got two window roll-downs from other drivers on my first day saying it looks great and asking how it drives. That just doesn't normally happen. I wish the front under-fender (I'm not really an expert, so I'm sure that's not the name) were a little higher for curbs, but I think I can get that changed. Averaging 24 mpg so far, but I've been driving it pretty hard, lots of city, and it's still breaking in. Most fun car I've ever driven. Can't wait to take it skiing!

Favorite Features

Awesome engine/acceleration, short-throw shifter, auto-dim mirror. Plenty of room for my dog, skis, and luggage in hatchback.

Suggested Improvements

Ground clearance in front, stereo not super-powerful (but also not too bad for regular driving).