2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Watch out for neck pain!
By GDG on 08/18/10 17:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased anew 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback and was really excited - first new car in over a decade. I had a Subaru in the 90's and loved it. My new car looks great but the driver's seat and headrest are horrible, the headrest extends forward too far causing neck strain, pain and nausea for me if I drive more than 30 minutes at a stretch. Can't find a solution to this, may need to return this car.

Practical Yet Fun
By Jake F. on 07/17/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am overall very pleased with this car. The build quality seems excellent for this class. The doors give a quality thunk when you close them and all switches/levers feel durable. The performance of the 2.5 is adequate and when combined with the 5spd the result is a zippy little car. The suspension soaks up the bumps very nicely (better than my 04 Impala I traded for it) and I live near some very rough roads so that is appreciated. I am a large person (275 lbs) and I find the interior comfortable and roomy enough. Even though it is summer, I have already used the AWD to climb up a rain soaked muddy drive and it performed flawlessly. I'm almost looking forward to the ND winter.

Brings Pleasure Back to Driving
By JasonK43 on 06/08/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I forgot what pleasure can be had out of driving a car until this Impreza came along. For a 2.5 N/A engine, this thing is peppy! Great handling, good speed and excellent ride at high speeds. It's my third week with the car and I already have over 2,300 miles because I can't stop finding excuses to take this baby out! Love the standard wheels on the Outback Sport, as well as the seat warmers and two-tone paint (I got the silver). Few minor changes I would make to this car, but other than that, this car is such a joy. Gas mileage has been better than EPA estimates! (How often does that happen?) Avg. 29.5 Hwy, 22 City

Fun to drive
By Eric on 01/22/10 15:46 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I go up into the mountains a lot and this car is perfect! It has a very comfortable ride to it and has enough power to get around in the mountains. It sticks to the roads and handles extremely well in the snow. The manual is a must and makes it really fun to drive. I am very happy with my purchase.

The miles are racking up
By jtheiral on 01/11/10 09:48 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in the market for a new car for the past few years. My job has me continually visiting cities throughout the nation which gives me the fantastic opportunity to test drive numerous rentals. I ended up settling with Subaru Impreza Outback Sport as the car that would best fit my lifestyle and best value. I decided that having AWD was a requirement that I needed to have. I also was looking for some good fuel economy since I due rack up the miles. I have had the car for two months and already have put over 7k miles on it. I am very impressed with its surefooted ability on ice and snow. The interior is quiet but rougher roads can cause some unacceptable road noise within inside.

Timely Purchase
By Andrey on 12/21/09 09:54 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We live in Northern Virginia, which doesn't get a lot of snow, however, it still does get some, and we do travel up north to PA and upstate NY, so we felt we needed to replace one of our rear- wheel drive vehicles with something either FWD or AWD. We just 'lived through' the blizzard of 2009, and the car performed wonderfully while the snow was still falling.. zipping by those so called "SUVs" which don't necessarily have AWD (do your research!). We put on around 100miles just driving around snow, and also took a skiing trip, which we wouldn't have attempted without this car. The heated seats, heated wiper areas were pretty nice to have in snow too. Car is fun to drive, even with 170HP.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback in VA is:

$119 per month*