2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
This is Definitely the Low End Product
By historybuff13 on 02/11/15 16:41 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Before I begin I just want to say I have owned 2 Foresters and they are both great cars. I bought this Imprezza used from a dealer in 2014 with under 36000 miles. I thought it was a great deal because of the milage. I have owned it for less than 3 months and I am now scheduled for my 3rd service appointment to fix the turn signal. I have read that Subaru cut corners on this model to save money and actually made the wire harness too short so that it pulls loose. I really like my dealership and in general I like Subarus, but I cannot recommend this model. I will actually be purchasing a new car this year, but I am no longer considering the Crosstrek, as it is just another Imprezza.

2010 impreza Outback sport
By aherrmann17 on 04/24/11 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car burns oil. The scheduled maintenance for my region is every 7500 miles for an oil change. The outback sport however decided to develop rod knocking due to lack of oil in the engine. CA state law does not allow a car to burn 4.5 quarts of synthetic oil in 7500 miles. Highly dissatisfied with this car. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Do I really need a car this fast?
By WesK on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What other vehicle can rip the roads and have as much space as a mini-van inside? At 10% throttle, you have a car that almost behaves like a well mannered commuter vehicle in traffic. Step on the gas, and you will probably be breaking any speeding law in less than one second.

Not as good as 2006?
By Leszek on 08/28/10 15:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a replacement of my 2005 Impreza Sport (manual). Some things are better, some are worse. Better instrumentation overall (but where are some gauges that used to be there – “idiot lights” are for idiots). I like the engine, it seems to be a bit more responsive, but the rest of the “sport” designation is not as good: greater roll (not as firm suspension? Higher center of gravity?), the seats are too comfortable: for “wide” people. The bucket seats are sized to fit much bigger person and don’t embrace as tightly. When combining that with increased roll in turns, the feeling of “tight control” is not there. Gearbox, while smooth could use different ratios and one more gear.

Watch out for neck pain!
By GDG on 08/18/10 17:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased anew 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback and was really excited - first new car in over a decade. I had a Subaru in the 90's and loved it. My new car looks great but the driver's seat and headrest are horrible, the headrest extends forward too far causing neck strain, pain and nausea for me if I drive more than 30 minutes at a stretch. Can't find a solution to this, may need to return this car.

Love it!
By Jim on 08/08/10 17:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent value. Love AWD, styling, comfort, and performance. Drove an Audi A4 Quattro 1.8 AWD for 6 years (140,000) miles and was looking for an AWD replacement at a reasonable price - the Impreza was it. Have had it for 1.5 weeks and 500+ miles and love it. Averaging better than 27 mpg combined city/highway - better than my Audi.

Great Commuter
By Dude on 08/07/10 12:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This really is a great commuter car, the Outback Sport has great handling, descent engine and generally good looking car. The transmission is the only week point I have noticed, the peak torque in the boxer engine comes on at 4000 RPM, but the long gears(4 speed auto) drop to below 3000 on the shift. They could have added 2 more gears to this transmission keeping it in the upper rev range for fast acceleration when needed. The stereo blows, but I listen to Slacker of Pandora through my Blackberry most of the time and it actually sounds pretty good. I would upgrade the stereo but I think I would rather trade the car in for the 3.6 Liter 5 Speed Auto Legacy Premium in a couple years.

Cure for the Corolla
By GTP_Kent on 08/06/10 05:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Time will tell on many of the subjects of this review (build quality, reliability, etc). Engine, 4 Wheel Independent Suspension, Steering, Handling, all of the above are great in this car. Utility with the hatchback is great. Grip with the AWD is incredible under any conditions (wet, uneven surfaces, poorly kept roads, etc). The 4speed auto isn't great but the manual shift mode takes care of that with ease. Exterior appearance is subdued but handsome. Interior looks are good and materials are great for occupants who are damage prone. Great all around car with few draw backs.

Great do-it-all with minimal compramise.
By GTP_Kent on 08/03/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

2.5i premium Impreza, automatic, silver ext. black int. So far it's a great car with a near perfect mix of everyday practicality and enthusiasm (shared use for two drivers). HP and Torque are good across the entire rev range, steering is responsive, suspension is just right. Manually shifted auto is great fix for so-so automatic. Ext. styling is handsome but subdued. Int. styling is nice and despite concerns for hard plastics the materials are good for those who have kids or other damage prone occupants. Bottom line: more sporty than any Toyota, more power than Hondas, more grip than anything, and an excellent community of owners to support anyone with questions or concerns. A great choice.

It's a thing of beauty
By Jim on 08/02/10 09:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Granted only 200 miles on this 2010 2.5 hatchback (auto), but I love it. Sort of fell into the purchase, but very happy. Very nice styling, good features, performance pretty good - outstanding value overall. Put some 140,000 miles on a 2001 Audi A4 (1.8) Quattro - and I don't see the Subaru as a let down at all.