2010 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Oil burner - burnt engine/valves. Awful
By crtruthbtold on 09/23/14 22:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bough (and I am now selling) my 2010 Subaru Impreza (Outback Sport). I bought it new, it burns oil. Ridiculous. All the maintenance and oil changes as required. In under 100K miles I had an oil leak develop and had to replace valve gasket -$$$ repair. less than 10K miles later I had a push rod bearing go because of oil burning! and now I have to buy a short block engine if I wanted to repair it. I am selling it for salvage for more than I expected as I refuse to sink good money after bad. At least I don't owe any money on it. This is the 2nd Subaru I have purchased with oil issues (the other was a turbo Baja - 4 burned valves while still under warranty in the first 36K miles).Stay away.

2010 2.5 I Manual
By okkphil1 on 04/26/11 16:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car burns a ton of oil and they will not fix it. It has to burn more than 1 quart every 1,200 miles or they will not fix it. I am unhappy with Subaru for this reason alone. I will not buy another Subaru or promote buying any of their cars. If something breaks or is flawed, like my engine, they won't make it right.

Much for the money! Great value.
By Peter on 08/06/10 16:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Subaru Legacy in the past, and this car is just about the same size. I like the handling, the fuel mileage, the AWD, the interior, and even the radio/CD player. I drove a friend's Mercedes Benz a few years ago, and this car reminds me of the drive, comfort, stability, and tightness of that $50,000+ vehicle. I absolutely love it. I have Satellite radio and enjoy that on longer drives. I drives like you are on a cloud! Very, very smooth and comfy. I will be driving it for a long time!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Impreza in VA is:

$120 per month*