2010 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Second and LAST Subaru
By weegian on 08/20/12 09:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Impreza. The first one, a 2006, was a much better car. I had no problems with the 2006. The 2010 has 31k miles on it and feels like it's rattling apart. It's been idling rough for a few months, but according to the dealership that I brought it to, that's what makes a Subaru a Subaru. I just dropped it off for an oil change and found out that the rear brakes are completely worn down to the metal. The paint is also pretty terrible. It scratches if you look at it funny. After less than a year, I had scratches around all of the door handles. It's my personal theory that Toyota is not so slowly trying to kill the Impreza.

2010 2.5 I Manual
By okkphil1 on 04/26/11 16:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car burns a ton of oil and they will not fix it. It has to burn more than 1 quart every 1,200 miles or they will not fix it. I am unhappy with Subaru for this reason alone. I will not buy another Subaru or promote buying any of their cars. If something breaks or is flawed, like my engine, they won't make it right.

2010 impreza Outback sport
By aherrmann17 on 04/24/11 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car burns oil. The scheduled maintenance for my region is every 7500 miles for an oil change. The outback sport however decided to develop rod knocking due to lack of oil in the engine. CA state law does not allow a car to burn 4.5 quarts of synthetic oil in 7500 miles. Highly dissatisfied with this car. I would not recommend it to anyone.

2010 2.5i Subaru Sedan
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Subaru Impreza about 5 months ago after trading off my Honda Pilot. I was hesitant because of the large amount of snow we get in North Dakota. However, I could not be happier with the trade. The gas mileage is much better, no problems in the first 8,000 miles, and it is fun to drive. We ended up with 12 inches of snow in 24 hours and I had no issues commuting to and from work. Probably the funnest car I have owned, and it is number 6.

Do I really need a car this fast?
By WesK on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What other vehicle can rip the roads and have as much space as a mini-van inside? At 10% throttle, you have a car that almost behaves like a well mannered commuter vehicle in traffic. Step on the gas, and you will probably be breaking any speeding law in less than one second.

Still lovin' this rocket!
By Which Subaru Be U? on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Special Edition 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After 4 months this street legal rocket-ship is still the best escape I can recommend to those who want safety, power and AWD fun for a daily driver or a weekend warrior! No regrets in adding this power monster to my growing Subaru fleet (the 5th Subaru I've owned); it compliments my 2005 Legacy GT sedan perfectly. Looking forward to taking this beast to NJ MotorSports in the spring for a track weekend; it separates itself from the pack in that it handles superbly, power is smooth and turbo spools-up quick; the adjustable torque and limited-slip features are also excellent. Ride quality is tight and extreme - it goes where you point it - what more could you want from a performance car?

Sweet ride!
By Shoju on 09/01/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for six months now, and I love my car very much. 5 speed manual with all weather package. I get about 22 MPG on my daily commute to work. I can get between 25-32 MPG on long freeway drives. Living in sunny Southern California, the heat causes a unique experience within my Subaru. When it gets hot, the plastics of the interior give off a nauseating smell. The interior looks great to me. It's just that being plastic makes it not as good. The stereo is great. Those who complain about the stereo when using a MP3 player need to learn that AUX jacks means the volume is controlled on the device! Turn it up on the device and then it will sound fine through the stereo!!

Not as good as 2006?
By Leszek on 08/28/10 15:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a replacement of my 2005 Impreza Sport (manual). Some things are better, some are worse. Better instrumentation overall (but where are some gauges that used to be there – “idiot lights” are for idiots). I like the engine, it seems to be a bit more responsive, but the rest of the “sport” designation is not as good: greater roll (not as firm suspension? Higher center of gravity?), the seats are too comfortable: for “wide” people. The bucket seats are sized to fit much bigger person and don’t embrace as tightly. When combining that with increased roll in turns, the feeling of “tight control” is not there. Gearbox, while smooth could use different ratios and one more gear.

Watch out for neck pain!
By GDG on 08/18/10 17:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased anew 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback and was really excited - first new car in over a decade. I had a Subaru in the 90's and loved it. My new car looks great but the driver's seat and headrest are horrible, the headrest extends forward too far causing neck strain, pain and nausea for me if I drive more than 30 minutes at a stretch. Can't find a solution to this, may need to return this car.

Awesome rex
By jorge on 08/18/10 16:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Recently upgraded from an 05 Scion tC automatic. The difference is like night and day. Performance, price and practicality. Not many sports cars can claim these. Breathtaking acceleration, smooth ride, plenty of trunk space, and four doors. I average about 22 MPG, mostly city driving. This is the sports car for the family man. Beware though, it attracts a lot of attention, especially from your local PD. Very fast out of the box, and relatively cheap to make faster. Catback + downpipe + tune will push this car well past 300 hp

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Impreza in WA is:

$150 per month*