WRX Finally!!
By Eclem on
2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I've owned 4 Impreza's so, sure; I drink da Kool-Aid. I had my own mfgr's. rep. business for 17 years and Impza's were THE answer for lots of winter driving all over New England. The performance / price quotient was perfect. Am now retired and driving less than 10k / yr - so I finally got the "slightly" impractical / monster fun WRX 5-door Premium. AWD has saved my bacon for many years so I had to stay with it - and Subaru reliability has been so solid - had to stay there too. Yep, the audio quality is lacking but I don't really need much juice to listen to my redneck talk shows. FM reception IS very good - we live in the country so it must be. Did spring for Winter 205's on 16x7 Alloys.
Favorite Features
HP & Twisty handling. HP & Twisty handling. HP & Twisty handling. Brakes. 5 speed perfectly matched to engine's power curve - drove the short throw - prefer stock shifter - near impossible to make mistakes when pushing hard on back roads. Folks frequently miss shifts with 6 speeds - 5's are no-miss.
Suggested Improvements
Tail Light Lens's queer looking but I'll survive (my son says they look too "Bad-Boy" for an old dirt-ball like me - so I'll keep them).