2009 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Solid Package

2009 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2009 Subaru Impreza

2.5i 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Solid Package
By NSO on

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Owned 87Accrd, 94Maxima, 97Taurus, 00Accord, and after researching deprec. rate, insurance, cost of operation, and reliability against models like CR-V, RAV4, and Focus I decided that Impreza make a very solid pkg, and after I test drove it (2.5i prem and GT)I decided that I'd go for real value: Outback Sport (seat warmer+17" alloy/ raised susp. > sunroof+2 xtra spkr). GT was a nerfed version of WRX, and if I am ready for an WRX I'd go STI anyway. Overall I really liked VDC; it gave the already phenomenal AWD feel an extra polish and ctrl. But it will be tough for your brakes as it will brake harder than you'd intend to, road noise is also slightly more noticeable than top compacts I tested.

performance: VDC+AWD, raised susp., comfort: adj. driver seat (up/dwn), seat warmer, cup holders, easy to maintain seat fabric. cargo tray, aux jack.

Pronounced road noise: more sound proofing for interior or at least wheel wells. More stiffening of the shock pistons would help road response. Add sub-woofer as a standard not as option.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review