2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Solid and smooth

2009 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Solid and smooth
By Joe on

2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my new Outback Sport for a few weeks now and have been very satisfied with it so far. I'm still getting used to the different (read: better) handling of the AWD. I test drove roughly similar vehicles (Honda Fit and VW Rabbit) and this Subaru, while more expensive, just felt much more intuitive and well thought-out. The seat warmers are nice and standard on this trim. The fuel economy is better than expected (26-27 mpg city+highway), even this early in the car's lifetime.

Favorite Features

Two trip odometers. All the thoughtful standard features on this trim (tonneau cover, rear rubber mat). Excellent build quality. Red dash lights. Grippy AWD that never lets go: I always feel in control of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Whistling from roof racks is occasionally distracting. Better interface with iPod on dash (especially have the track dial work for more than tracks). Even though this is the raised trim, Outback-like clearance would be nice. Maybe *slightly* underpowered? Unusual bass response in stereo sometimes.