So far so good
By Phil on
2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Bought my Impreza in May after putting over 190,000 miles on my 2000 Volkswagen Golf. I feel that the Impreza offered the best for the money compared to the other cars in its class. It may not get the best fuel mileage but makes up for it, in my opinion, by offering AWD. I drive pretty conservatively and have averaged 28 mpg in 11,100 miles. While the tactile quality of the interior may not match that of my VW, the overall design and ergonomics are very good. The Subaru dealership experience that I've had so far, for oil changes, has been very good. Wonderful car.
Favorite Features
AWD, nice interior layout, comfortable seats, cargo capacity (can fit 3 sets of clubs in the hatch), keyless entry, minor maintenance points (oil filler, dipstick, transmission stick), storage space and cubbies, and for a 2.5L flat- four, decent fuel mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Torque - For such a large 4 cylinder engine, it seems to lack low end torque, it makes nice power over 4,000 rpm, but struggles under that number. I may be asking for too much here. Stereo - the stock stereo/speakers in this car are pretty lacking. RPM hang is somewhat annoying.