2009 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Satisfied Subaru Owner

2009 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Satisfied Subaru Owner
By O.Sheinman on

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

As a former owner of an 02 Outback and a structural engineer who designs satellite structures for NASA, I am impressed with the reliability and engineering approach Subaru melds into their vehicles. I traded in my Outback for an 09 WRX 4dr when my pup passed away this year for a sportier vehicle; the WRX is an absolute blast to drive, I added the SPT dual exhaust, short throw shifter, and COBB access port and downpipe. I opted not going with the STI because this car is a commuter and I wanted a smoother ride; also really liked the window and mirror heaters on my Outback and they were not available on the STI. Handling is great and the 0-60 is unbeatable for a car in this price range.

Horsepower, AWD, Subaru name and engineering. I like the feature that holds the brake with the clutch depressed while waiting for a light or on a hill.

The Sat/Nav option I would not do again. This option is nowhere near the value you would expect given the cost. Radio is anemic, sound quality is average to poor, and you can't have both options to get of Sat radio and the iPod control they advertise. Much better off getting an aftermarket unit.