Jaw dropping test drive
By chris on
2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I looked at way too many new cars before finally test driving this car and instantly forgot about all other cars I was looking at. I bought it the next day. The power and AWD this car has blown me away. It handles like a dream. I have pushed this car in all the weather I can find and have NOT been disappointed. Even when driving this car as calm as I can possibly drive, I still only average around 26mpg, which in the grand scheme of things, isn't too bad for 265hp and 244ft/lb of torque from a small engine. Great car. I highly recommend anyone test drive one who has even thought about the car. Well worth your time.
Favorite Features
Plain looks do not demand attention from police. It looks 'cute' to the ladies and only gets 'oh wow's from every single passenger. The short throw shifter makes driving much more pleasant. There is plenty of storage throughout the car. It's amazing and I now look forward to horrific weather.
Suggested Improvements
The iPod interface is not too great. The legacy has a great harmon/kardon, but this car's stereo is not very good at all compared with others that are thought to be in the same class. HIDs, more computer displays beside gas mileage, stock foglights, and a 6th gear that might help with better MPGs.