Love the newer model
By Repeat owner on
2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I just traded in my 2004 Outback Sport for the 2009 because I loved my 2004 so much but it was beginning to cost too much to maintain after 135,000 miles. I thought I was getting a new version of my old car, but this one is like driving a different car and I LOVE it. It's got lots of spunk, gas mileage is decent so far, and just overall fun to drive because it holds the road and doesn't let go, even through rough roads under construction. She feels solid and well-built, and am once again so glad I chose this Subaru model. I've driven Foresters as loaner cars that didn't feel quite as solid with the same level of quick response, and this car is a few thousand $$ less expensive.
Favorite Features
Handling and quick response, the stereo is upgraded from previous years, and the seats are more comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
For some reason the passenger seat is much lower than the drivers side seat. My passengers feel uncomfortable sitting so low to the floor. The passenger seat needs to be at the same height as the driver's seat.