2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - First Subaru

2009 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

First Subaru
By Aaron on

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned many cars in the past. My previous car was a Lexus ES300. I do have to comment that I do not miss my Lexus one bit. The Impreza 2.5i is fun to drive, responsive, sporty, and economical. I live in the midwest, where we get our fair share of ice and snow. I have owned my Subaru for 5 days now, and can safely go places I never could go before in my Lexus. For a base model, it has a great build quality, there are plenty of features, it is much quieter on the road than the Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic, and when you factor in the AWD it becomes a no brainer.

Favorite Features

The symmetrical AWD is out of this world. The car is extremely responsive, and safe. I love the average miles per gallon gauge that is based on your tripometer. Great gas mileage, comfortable and well appointed interior.

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the steel wheels with hubcaps, provide a little better stock stereo (its pretty weak) though it is easy enough to upgrade on your own.