2009 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Easy On The Pedal Easy On The

2009 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

WRX 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual w/Premium Package)

Easy On The Pedal Easy On The Gas
By Chris on

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I'd wanted a WRX all the way back in 02, but got into Sentra V-spec on price. Fast forward 7 years, and my patience was rewarded with the 09 wagon. Overall, I've enjoyed it after a month of mostly 100 mile daily commutes. People seem interested in mileage. On Trip A and B the car has a fuel mileage calculator. I reset trip A at each fill up. Yesterday, was the usual $30 donation to the gas gods. Determined, I wanted to see what extremely mild driving could do for this car's mileage. On the drive in this morning, I averaged 29.7 mpg. Not bad for average speed of maybe 60 to 65 MPH in stop and roll traffic. Not a prius, but not a gas guzzler either. Power is just tap of the pedal.

POWER! Cabin is nice. AWD. Brakes are very good. Smooth gear shifts. Price. Got mine for invoice. Looks. Interior.

REALLY crappy stereo! Heard better AM radio. Won't complain about mileage. You can make the car relatively fuel efficient if you don't attempt to recreate every scene from "The Fast and Furious". However, in the city easy driving gives me 18 MPG. I haven't tried actually pushing the car yet!