2009 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Another satisfied customer

2009 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Another satisfied customer
By Phil on

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second WRX. My previous was an '05 wagon. Went into the dealership one day for regular maintenance and walked out with my '09 WRX. The salesman didn't have to work too hard. This is by far loads better than my '05 and that one was very fun to drive. For the price this car has it all. I've got almost 4k on it and not one bad thing I can say. MPG is the same if not better than my '05 that was smaller displacement and less power. I've been averaging 23mpg combined city/highway, with a heavy foot at times, and around 29-30 highway. If you are even thinking about getting one you will not be disappointed. You can't go wrong.

For sure the power. VDC gives even more traction in snow. Interior is very comfortable, and for prior subie owners very familiar. Did I mention power. Very good mpg even with a heavy foot. Its nice not to have to downshift on the freeway to pass someone, power is instant even in 5th at low RPM.

6-speed just because, HID's. Cant really think of much else. This car is really a complete package for a good price.