2009 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Fearsome icy grades? No proble

2009 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Fearsome icy grades? No problem!
By liv4mntns on

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Trucks were sliding all over the road the night I first took a major drive (to pick up relatives at the airport) in my new Impreza. When we stopped for coffee, it was so icy that I could barely keep from falling onto the sidewalk! After my addition of excellent winter tires, the Impreza cruised up that steep, snowy mountain road as if we were out for a summer picnic. Note to anyone else driving on poorly lit two-lane roads: the optional fog lights are worth every cent in a snowstorm with oncoming traffic! Even though it's not why I bought it, I can't help loving the Impreza's amazing cornering abilities; it turns any twisting road into a fun driving experience.

Favorite Features

The fulltime AWD grips the pavement like claws without decreasing speed, the brakes work amazingly fast, the engine purrs at 70 mph (the fastest I've driven), the stereo is excellent, the backseat fits three large people, and the trunk pass-through works great for skis.

Suggested Improvements

Hey Subaru -- how about an optional trunk liner that we can buy for our Impreza or Legacy sedans? Sedan owners would like to protect our cars from messy cargoes like milk cartons and garden plants in pots, just like hatchback owners! Plus, please develop a higher, adjustable front passenger seat.