2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - A Great Experience

2009 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

A Great Experience
By Matt on

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Subaru in September 2008 and have already put over 6000 miles on it. It is safe, reliable, and fun to drive, especially with the 5-speed manual. It handles great in the snow and off-road and is great to take on trips. I have not had one problem and am very satisfied with just about everything. I drive the car roughly 100 miles city and 320 miles highway on an average tank of gas and get close to 28-29 MPG every time (with an average highway speed of 75 MPH). The car does not have the power or the luxury of my previous one (a BMW) but is an awesome point A to point B car. Subaru should adjust gear ratios from 4th to 5th gear as the car seems sluggish when entering 5th gear.

Favorite Features

AWD, exterior and interior styling, cargo capacity, smoothness of the ride, and the 5-speed. Reliability is also great. The engine is strong and the car is well built.

Suggested Improvements

There is no oil or water temperature gauge on base models. Also interior plastics seem cheap. The headlights could be brighter... the RPMs seem to stick and not go down immediately when taking the car out of gear and shifting. Hopefully Subaru can fix that if enough people request it.