Used 2009 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

A/C stinks
By pompus1

2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Was told by dealer the a/c cycles cold to warm so it won't freeze up! I have owned a lot of cars domestic and import and I never had this problem before. Where I live the summer temps run 95-110 June to October. Because of this I would not recommend or buy another Subaru.

awd

do something to fix a/c

Not your neighbors subaru
By firsttimer

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

One month into ownership of my STI, and what a pleasure to drive. Driven hard in the S# mode it is quite the quick sports car, but move into the I mode and it is pleasantly sedate. Owned an E36 M3, 535xi, RX-7, Prelude over the years. This car the best combination of performance and practicality by far. Never considered the brand before, but glad I did. Love the ability to haul people and golf clubs, and the AWD will be important in the winter. While expensive for a Subaru, a great value. Never had so many people look twice before..the scarcity of the car keeps many wondering what it is.

Exterior style, performance, comfort. I am 6'4" and I've a lot of room. Hatch makes rear seat roomy.

Moonroof/sunroof would be nice. Needs heated seats. Offer all season tires as an OEM option. I will likely scrap my summer tires for all seasons when winter comes.

Practical and Fun!!!
By Ron Beach

2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

What's amazing about this 2.5 all wheeler is the fact that on a trip from Colorado to South Dakota in my first month of ownership, I averaged 33 mpg highway and 28 mpg city. For all wheel drive, this is spectacular mileage in a quality vehicle. No rattles, very little wind noise, all the bells whistles I need and then some.

All wheel drive safety, road hugging ability, clean exterior lines, functional dash and interior.

Leather seats and a sunroof on the Impreza Outback Sport would be nice additions. The all black interior shows shows lint. This is nit picking in an otherwise affordable quality built vehicle. This is my second Subaru and it won't be the last.

Love it...and all our other Subaru's
By Bob Mallon

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Picked up this Paprika Red Premium Edition 5-speed a couple of days after buying a 2010 Forester for my wife. Very nice driving, handling and shifting car. Can't beat the deal that I got ($3,000 off sticker and 0% financing). Very happy with the equipment and features for the price. They sure know how to build them at the Subaru Factory in Japan.

Very comfortable seats, great dash design, perfect unique body styling. Love the sunroof and foglights on the Premium Edition. Leather steering wheel and shift knob are very upscale. Great alloys, too.

Can't think of any at this time, though I am weary of the Bridgestone Potenza's that came on the car. They have worn out quickly for me in the past.

Tons of fun for the money...
By DGman

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded my 2004 WRX for a 2009 model year. This is a HUGE upgrade all around. The 2009 has better performance, better comfort, better ride, and better accessories. I optioned for the SPT Catback exhaust system. It really gives the car a nice note. The drone at interstate speeds is a little much. Driving around town, though, it is an awesome throaty growl. The interior space in this model year is loads more than the 2004. My 04 had barely usable rear seats. I love the split fold down rear seats. This is a FUN car. Car and driver tested 0-60 in 4.7 and 1/4 mile 13.5. Those times are on par with the 2010 Mustang GT except you get AWD and better MPG.

AWD, acceleration, SPT Exhaust Sound, sunroof, 17" wheels, hood scoop, seats.

Stereo is terrible. They need to do the Harmon Kardon system like the Legacy has. Need an All Season tire option for us snowbelt people. Exhaust drone at highway speeds.