Used 2009 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

My first Subaru
By JohnPublic

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have been a loyal Honda fan for years but when looking around for a car to replace my beloved 1998 Acura Integra found the Honda spaceship interior horrible. I test drove the Subie Impreza and found an interior that was very comfortable and functional for a 200# 6ft 3in guy (my head doesn't hit the ceiling and my legs have room). I was also impressed with the horsepower and torque (something even the Si doesn't have). So, this formerly loyal Honda guy bought an Impreza 5-door hatch and love it!

AWD, roomy interior (especially in the hatchback), nice torque, good dashboard layout, sound of the boxer engine

A bit more horsepower.

Sticks to the road with an attitude....
By Montana Man

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Another great Subie. I have an 08 Outback and a 09 WRX. Fast?....oh yea! Handles like a rally car and goes in the snow. The best of both worlds, along with Subaru's legendary reliability. Getting on the freeway is always exciting, 0 to 100 in a flash...I'm in my sixties now and am loving the exhilaration of having a race bred rocket, with the drive- ability for all weather conditions. A great value from the folks at Subaru. Gas mileage? If that's a concern, buy a Prius. Purchased with the SPT Cat Back exhaust, Short Throw Shifter and Turbo Gauge.Interior Foot-well Lights are a very cool touch.

Acceleration of the Turbo Boxer engine.Excellent braking.Fantastic handling along with a comfortable ride. I'm 6'3" and the seats and leg room are great. Short throw shifter is a must. The sound of the cat back exhaust really hums. Reliability of the Subaru brand. My 08 Outback has never had a problem.

More power, of course.....lol

A/C stinks
By pompus1

2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Was told by dealer the a/c cycles cold to warm so it won't freeze up! I have owned a lot of cars domestic and import and I never had this problem before. Where I live the summer temps run 95-110 June to October. Because of this I would not recommend or buy another Subaru.

awd

do something to fix a/c

Not your neighbors subaru
By firsttimer

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

One month into ownership of my STI, and what a pleasure to drive. Driven hard in the S# mode it is quite the quick sports car, but move into the I mode and it is pleasantly sedate. Owned an E36 M3, 535xi, RX-7, Prelude over the years. This car the best combination of performance and practicality by far. Never considered the brand before, but glad I did. Love the ability to haul people and golf clubs, and the AWD will be important in the winter. While expensive for a Subaru, a great value. Never had so many people look twice before..the scarcity of the car keeps many wondering what it is.

Exterior style, performance, comfort. I am 6'4" and I've a lot of room. Hatch makes rear seat roomy.

Moonroof/sunroof would be nice. Needs heated seats. Offer all season tires as an OEM option. I will likely scrap my summer tires for all seasons when winter comes.

Practical and Fun!!!
By Ron Beach

2009 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

What's amazing about this 2.5 all wheeler is the fact that on a trip from Colorado to South Dakota in my first month of ownership, I averaged 33 mpg highway and 28 mpg city. For all wheel drive, this is spectacular mileage in a quality vehicle. No rattles, very little wind noise, all the bells whistles I need and then some.

All wheel drive safety, road hugging ability, clean exterior lines, functional dash and interior.

Leather seats and a sunroof on the Impreza Outback Sport would be nice additions. The all black interior shows shows lint. This is nit picking in an otherwise affordable quality built vehicle. This is my second Subaru and it won't be the last.