2009 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: True Driver's Car

2009 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Review

True Driver's Car
By Nick on

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've put just over 10K miles on my WRX & I have a smile pasted on my face every time I drive it. It's extremely safe, capable, and fun-to-drive. To enhance performance I added a Cobb downpipe, a (second-hand) SPT exhaust, and a "street" ECU tune from a local Subie tuning guru. I also added slightly thicker sway bars & replaced a few suspension & chassis bushings for a tauter ride (I suggest Whiteline products - they're top-notch). Now the car is nearing it's performance potential, but it still delivers a very comfortable ride on Oklahoma's junky roads. I looked at cars in the same category (turbo & 4-doors), but the AWD & hatchback sealed the deal for me.

Fun to drive, AWD, 265+ HP, agile handling with a few minor upgrades, easily modified, great performance vs. price, 5-door styling is growing on me.

Stereo is garbage, climate control temp modulation doesn't work well (2 temps - Cold or Hot), carpet is cheap & holds grass & debris, paint is very fragile, body panels extremely thin & dentable.