2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Awesome performance
By Jerry on 09/30/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Quick, very quick 0-60, and lots of torque at highway speeds. One car mag says 4.7 secs 0-60 and that's not far off, which puts it in a league way above its price. Gas mileage about 24- 25 highway when you can keep your foot out of turbo, otherwise 21-22. AWD grip and handling superb even though the car mags say it is a little soft. Had it since March, got 7K miles on it and have loved every minute.

Good while it lasted!
By AshJWilliams on 08/20/09 16:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In the last year I've experienced a complete engine failure due to spun rod bearing (as have 100's of others US and abroad), driven with an intermittent CEL for 2 months and been to the dealership 4 different times to have the problem resolved, I have multiple issues with the factory ECU tuning including a severe occasional hesitation, and about a dozen other manufacturer defects and dealer workmanship issues including a damaged intercooler, multiple components installed improperly, multiple components not installed at all (missing bolts, etc), and the vehicle now makes a wide array of abnormal noises. Was fun to drive when it was running properly, but trust me its not worth the hassle!

Jaw dropping test drive
By chris on 06/19/09 02:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I looked at way too many new cars before finally test driving this car and instantly forgot about all other cars I was looking at. I bought it the next day. The power and AWD this car has blown me away. It handles like a dream. I have pushed this car in all the weather I can find and have NOT been disappointed. Even when driving this car as calm as I can possibly drive, I still only average around 26mpg, which in the grand scheme of things, isn't too bad for 265hp and 244ft/lb of torque from a small engine. Great car. I highly recommend anyone test drive one who has even thought about the car. Well worth your time.

Too much fun!!!
By fred kozic on 05/24/09 14:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Best money I ever spent on a car. Unreal quickness for the money. Had an 87 grand national I just thought was quick. The wrx would blow its doors off. I average 27 miles per gallon and drive 70 miles a day. All wheel drive and 4 doors to carry my kids with ease. Drove in the snow like a champ. I have only one complaint, the audio system needs help. Very weak. If you need a 4 door sports car I highly recommend a test drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan in NJ is:

$252 per month*