2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
A Great Small Car Value
By rally_racer on 06/15/10 09:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. Costs more than other small cars but when you include all the included options it is a bargain. AWD is a must, not only for winter, but makes a big difference in wet conditions. Reliability rock solid and outstanding resale value (previous Subaru owner). Apart from some complains by others, I like the suspension, just enough sport for this 46 year old guy and it soaks up bad pavement very well. Test drove a Civic and Mazda 3 and Illinois roads really did not like those 2 cars. I drive 90% suburban/rural driving (15 mile commute), but even with that short a commute I average about 25-26 from my 5 speed, which is the only way to go.

Fearsome icy grades? No problem!
By liv4mntns on 07/24/09 21:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Trucks were sliding all over the road the night I first took a major drive (to pick up relatives at the airport) in my new Impreza. When we stopped for coffee, it was so icy that I could barely keep from falling onto the sidewalk! After my addition of excellent winter tires, the Impreza cruised up that steep, snowy mountain road as if we were out for a summer picnic. Note to anyone else driving on poorly lit two-lane roads: the optional fog lights are worth every cent in a snowstorm with oncoming traffic! Even though it's not why I bought it, I can't help loving the Impreza's amazing cornering abilities; it turns any twisting road into a fun driving experience.

Agile, fun-to-drive, and a great value!
By my1stSubaru on 06/29/09 21:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Extremely fun to drive with amazing handling and the surprisingly spirited engine makes me smile. I feel safe, it's reliable and think it's worth it to trade some gas mileage for superior road holding, especially in hazardous driving conditions (snow and rain). Simple, but spacious interior and tremendous trunk capacity. It makes it easy to become a Subaru enthusiast!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan in VA is:

$150 per month*