2009 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Mini Lexus 300
By J Snow on 12/10/09 18:39 PM (PST)

2009 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Previously drove 2000 and 2002 Impreza hatchbacks. This one is by far the quietest and smoothest driving. Gas mileage about same as 2002 2.5l. Really like the window door frames. Hate limited visibility of sloping back of car and temporary roof rack mounting kit. Standard equipment Bridgestone Potenza tires ride well. Added sheepskin seat covers make front seats comfortable. Lost a couple of wheel well plastic screws holding front fender - sloppy construction. 5-speed gear box smoother than past models, accelerates nicely. Less cargo space than past Impreza models. Best looking Impreza so far and dead ringer as little sister to Lexus 300 SUV.

So far so good
By Phil on 10/12/09 05:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Impreza in May after putting over 190,000 miles on my 2000 Volkswagen Golf. I feel that the Impreza offered the best for the money compared to the other cars in its class. It may not get the best fuel mileage but makes up for it, in my opinion, by offering AWD. I drive pretty conservatively and have averaged 28 mpg in 11,100 miles. While the tactile quality of the interior may not match that of my VW, the overall design and ergonomics are very good. The Subaru dealership experience that I've had so far, for oil changes, has been very good. Wonderful car.

My first Subaru
By JohnPublic on 09/23/09 09:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have been a loyal Honda fan for years but when looking around for a car to replace my beloved 1998 Acura Integra found the Honda spaceship interior horrible. I test drove the Subie Impreza and found an interior that was very comfortable and functional for a 200# 6ft 3in guy (my head doesn't hit the ceiling and my legs have room). I was also impressed with the horsepower and torque (something even the Si doesn't have). So, this formerly loyal Honda guy bought an Impreza 5-door hatch and love it!

A Great Experience
By Matt on 12/19/08 01:51 AM (PST)

2009 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Subaru in September 2008 and have already put over 6000 miles on it. It is safe, reliable, and fun to drive, especially with the 5-speed manual. It handles great in the snow and off-road and is great to take on trips. I have not had one problem and am very satisfied with just about everything. I drive the car roughly 100 miles city and 320 miles highway on an average tank of gas and get close to 28-29 MPG every time (with an average highway speed of 75 MPH). The car does not have the power or the luxury of my previous one (a BMW) but is an awesome point A to point B car. Subaru should adjust gear ratios from 4th to 5th gear as the car seems sluggish when entering 5th gear.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Subaru Impreza Hatchback in VA is:

$139 per month*