Used 2009 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2009 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

reliable and good-looking
By m9mk10

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fun car, reliable in bad weather, nice to look at, easy to drive

Favorite Features

good MPG

Suggested Improvements

BETTER mpg

rod knocking and spun a ring, at 34k miles
By zwzachary87

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2009 Subaru Impreza sedan and it just did the same thing at 34k miles, I was getting on to the highway and my check engine light came on then traction control light and started knocking pulled over checked oil it was bone dry 3 QUARTS LOW, rod in motor started knocking car spun a ring. Subaru is warranting the motor which is a good thing but i am a little worried about how they are talking about fixing my motor eater they will replace the bad parts with new, or they will order a short block for my car and i have a problem with those options because of the fact of you are taking your heads off the motor that has been damaged and putting them on the new short block well i have a problem with this because what is to say the heads were not damaged from not being lubricated and foreign material from shavings in the motor. i have my oil changed every 7500 miles because i run fully synthetic oil and i only have the dealer work on my car. 0n 2/3/12/ car had 29800k miles on it when i had the oil changed and transmission serviced, on 3/15/12 car had 34000k miles on it when it chose to break down and i checked my oil 2 1/2 weeks ago and it was full car has not been tampered with at all please if this has happened to anyone i would really like to know

I love my impreza
By ascehp

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Ive had this car for a month or so, drive it daily as does my husband who kinda thinks its his. Only have a couple of complaints- Interior space is small, my husband who's 6'3 has to push driverside chair all the way back. My toddler's seat sits pretty close to front, so his footprints are everywhere. also found out about the snow issue prev mentioned. Only found out bc husband likes squishing piles of snow. Once the engine was hot it melted and everything was fine. Got up to 65 before shaking started and it was minor. Still I love my car and so does everyone who gets to drive it!

Favorite Features

handling, sport feature, stereo + inputs

Suggested Improvements

heated seats, more interior room, heated mirrors, fix snow issue!

2009 Subaru Impreza - Poor in Heavy Snow
By djarvinen

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The 2009 Subaru Impreza we purchased has for the most part been a very good car. It handles well, has plenty of power, controls are well placed, is spacious and has very nice styling. The big problem is handling in heavy snow! The car has a design flaw that allows snow to build up above the front axle which causes heavy vibrations above 45 mph. At 60 mph the vibrations become violent. We were told by the dealership that we would need to use a high pressure hose to clear the snow out (pretty hard to do in inclement weather/conditions).

Favorite Features

We really enjoy the all wheel drive in poor driving conditions. The spacious interior can accommodate most people and the well placed controls are easily within reach without being a distraction to the driver.

Suggested Improvements

Come up with a solution for the design flaw that allows the build-up of snow which causes unsafe driving conditions.

Great Car! I LOVE IT!
By Lindsay

2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 100 miles round trip per day in my car for work. I absolutely love this car! It's great on gas, controls are extremely convenient, its fast. The only reason I gave this car a 9 for interior design are two reasons. I dislike the color of the seats because they are too light for my taste. I wear jeans a lot. none are new and my seats have a blue tint from getting in and out. The other reason is the the stereo area has worn a little above the AUX button... not sure why, but it seems the rubber coating is peeling a bit. I love that you can put it to manual when it snows. I feel like I have complete control over the car. I highly recommend it to anyone!

Favorite Features

Steering controls, mileage, sunroof, rear view mirror with auto dimmer, automatic to manual, the seat can be raised for us short people, great on gas, auxiliary plug, 6 disc changer, low tire pressure warning!

Suggested Improvements

Better material used around the stereo and different color seats.