'08 WRX SEDAN
By dScof on
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
This is my second Subaru. I owned a 2005 WRX sedan before, which was a terrific little car. As for the '08, I initially didn't think that an extra half liter in engine size would make much difference, but I was wrong. This car revs so smooth and effortless, if you're not careful you can touch 100mph on the freeway without even realizing it. The handling in this car is superb, with some minor body roll, but it's not noticeable in everyday driving. Fuel economy could probably be better, I used to average 20mpg on the stock tires (tires = awful), switched to lighter, performance tires and am getting 22-23mpg in mixed driving, up to 30mpg at non-freeway speeds if I set cruise and stay off turbo.
Favorite Features
Turbo, AWD, VDC (and the option to turn VDC OFF), less of a cop-magnet, lots of add-on options from SPT and STi, no paint problems so far after 25k miles (I have World Rally Blue Pearl), ergonomic climate controls (can reach while my hand is on the shifter merely by extending a finger)
Suggested Improvements
Suffers from brake fade, I've never been impressed with Subaru's idea of a stereo, BETTER STOCK TIRES, better windscreen seals (suffers intermittent 'creaks' and 'pops'), include stock body molding or mud flaps (kicks up lots of grime), MAKE AN STI SEDAN, add a stock boost controller