2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Pleasant car to drive

2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Pleasant car to drive
By Tom on

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Sat Radio, Nav, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is very quiet, nothing like the rattle box my wife's Focus is. Engine is very quiet, that my wife can't hear it well, and try to restart it twice. I don't like the abs at times as it kick in prematurely, but most time it is quiet. The interesting "safety" feature about the car is that if you forget to tighten your gas cap well, or if any glitches occur in the engine or drive train - the Cruise control light flashes, check engine light goes on, and the traction control light goes on. This scared the jeepers out of me at first - but it is an important safety feature to protect the engine. You can buy a code reader for $20 or take to action auto for the code to be read.

Quiet car, handles corner's well. VERY decent mileage if you consider it is an all time AWD and not driving the WRC or STI model. I get 35 mpg going 60 mph, and about 24 in my neighborhood driving. But I am a non-aggressive driver.

Have a built in code reader - Don't WE ALL WISH. Make passenger seat higher so that short people can see over the dash board.