Passenger Airbag concerns
By SBNP on
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I recently brought the car in for some warranty issues as well as a software recall on the ECU. I mentioned to the advisor that when my spouse or 13 yr. daughter sit in the passenger seat, the airbag off light illuminates. They assured me everything was fine and that I could have them take off of school and work to come in and they would teach them how to sit correctly. With some persistence the dealer called me back and confirmed that they cannot get the light to say on with ~105-129lbs. on a brand new STI. The NHTSA says that they never tested that car. SOA told me they did, but it turns out the base Impreza was. Either way, SOA said they will not change anything.
Favorite Features
The AWD is great. Steering wheel has a good feel. Back seats fold down-this was an EVO deal breaker for me. Car's looks!
Suggested Improvements
Fix air bag issue, ipod adapted is unreachable by driver and flat out stinks. Mine hasn't worked since day one. Seat have way too much lateral movement. Stereo is terrible. 0-60 requires 2 shifts??? No heated mirrors for a $33k+ car.