Paint Issues
By 08 wrx dude on
2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I have recently purchased an 08 wrx 5- door back in September of 08. Since then I have had issues with the paint. With only having 7000 miles my wrx, my old 2006 impreza wagon with 20000 miles still looked brand new compared to my 08 wrx now. I am getting rust on my rear hatch and really bad road abrasion on the fronts of both rear passenger doors and both rear quarter panels. I am very disappointed that this is happening to a $25000 car!!!!!! The dealership has told me that SOA is not going to take action and fix my vehicle because it is normal "wear and tear" when it is clearly a warranty issue in the first place. Pretty much I have a great platform with a Hyundai shell. THE PAINT STINKS!!!
Favorite Features
Great car to drive, fun and easy once you get the clutch figured out!!! Fast and reliable except for the PAINT!!!!
Suggested Improvements
PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT!!!!!! The corrosion and rust warranty is a gimmick because they are not taking care of my issues. Good thing that Subaru has a reliable platform because if it wasn't for that these cars would not sell!!!!!