2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic w/VDC Consumer Review - My first Subaru

2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

My first Subaru
By RT on

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

All the reviews about paint problems are true. I bought this car 9 months ago and can't believe how fragile the paint is. I've only got 6,000 miles on the car and it looks like there's 4 years of abrasion on the rear qtr panels. Severe chips on the hood and front of the vehicle. Hopefully Subaru officials read these reviews and do something because they're losing customers. This was my first and believe me last Subaru. Unless you want to pay for a total repaint every 3 years stay away from this car. Other Subaru models have the same problem. Oh and do something about the ridiculously low passenger seat and what's with the holes in the front bumper?? Not all states have front license plates!

Favorite Features

I like the styling, everything else is average or below.

Suggested Improvements

Put a 5 speed transmission in the car, the 4 speed is totally inadequate. Improve the quality of your paint. Do away with the clown height passenger seat. Stop putting the unsightly holes in the front bumper and do away with the red instrument lighting, it's awful!