2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Mostly satisfied

2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Mostly satisfied
By cboy219 on

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After 1000 miles, pretty content. Comfy, good head room, fun2drive! Smooth pickup, good ride. The 'hum' from the engine is AWESOME. Good sized trunk. Car is perfect for a single person - quick and fun, 4 door versatility, adaptable to add luggage racks. Sporty and stylish enough, but kinda flies under the police radar cuz it isn't TOO flashy. I did have a cooling hose issue (factory didn't tighten it), and it does 'rattle' a bit which is scary considering I traded in a 1997 Ford Probe that didn't rattle at all, but overall a very great car in my opinion if it holds up over time. Other Subaru owners near me all are happy with theirs. I have high expectations for this car.

The functional hood scoop, dashboard ambient lighting, windows are on door frames, unlike the Legacy I looked at. Great visibility. Oh yeah, and All-Wheel-Drive with side airbags = safe!

Climate control system requires a training course, but once you figure it out, totally fine. Sound system flat out STINKS for a $25,000 car. Would like to be getting more than 22mpg with 95% highway driving, but hopefully that will improve after the break-in period.
By KingBeLL4
on 08/02/12 11:33 AM (PDT)

More than 3 years have passed, and I really felt the need to update my post. I am completely disgusted by this purchase. I see the Subaru "FEEL THE LOVE" marketing and I want to vomit... All I'm feeling is SCREWED.. not love... big difference. This car has had a turbo blow out on me (not my fault, not driven hard). Then I just got my car back after 47 days in the shop... let me repeat that.. FORTY SEVEN DAYS IN THE SHOP... this is the 3rd time I've had it back to them for the same issue... and guess what... it STILL isn't fixed. It rattles all over. The build quality is a joke. Window motors (two of four) have failed. The gearbox/ manual transmission is a joke... this car is driven only on the highway for about 80 miles a day total... and I"m at about 60,000 miles now. The fact that I can't even get it into gear easily is maddening, not to mention it is usually in the shop anyway. Then, the icing on the cake, my 'loaner' which was a Forester - 2012 model, WOULDNT START when I left to go to work. I'm so done with Subaru. I want to love them so much... I admire their company and their values, but above the environment, equality, animals, etc... should be RESPECT YOUR CUSTOMERS AND MAKE DECENT CARS - or at least be able to fix them and make them work. Now I'm stuck in this disaster until it blows up or until I can afford a new car.. which is definitely a couple years away at this rate. Absolutely disgusted.