2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: My first and last Subaru

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Review

My first and last Subaru
By chenn78 on

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Subaru, I bought it because I wanted a fairly inexpensive car with AWD and a manual transmission and I liked the style of the hatch. The car is a pleasure to drive and gets decent fuel mileage but service and build quality is pretty poor. The car has a large number squeaks and rattles. The paint on the car is terrible, the lower parts of the rear doors and the are behind them have been chipped away so badly after 16,000 miles I already have rust forming. This has to be a design flaw since the front wheels kick everything up on the side of the car and the cheap thin paint chips the second anything touched it. Fuel door release broke has broken twice.

Interior is nicely laid out and comfortable. Car is great in the snow. Subaru makes a lot of accessories. Too bad the build quality is keeping us from trading our 01 Grand Cherokee in for a new Forester.

Paint needs to be improved, if I was having these issues after 80,000 miles I wouldn't care that much but not after the first couple of hundred miles. The radio is not that great. I should not have so many squeaks in a car that is not even a year old.