2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: They're on to something here

2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5i 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

They're on to something here
By legolas11 on

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Safe, fun, practical, and great looking both inside and out. I had been saving up for about 4 years to buy my first car (I am 17) and after test driving cars like the Hyundai Elantra, Nissan Versa, and the Suzuki SX4 Sport, I am much happier with an Impreza parked in my driveway. I live in NY and the winter here, though not the worst in the country, are still pretty bad. The geography doesn't really help with winter driving either. Having all wheel drive vehicle is a necessity and this car fits the bill perfectly. It gives me peace of mind to know that I have the added safety of traction from all wheel drive, no matter what the weather is.

Favorite Features

Usefulness of a hatchback, all wheel drive, beautiful interior design and layout, clean exterior design, all around visibility, the growl from the boxer engine.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked 4-wheel disc brakes, body colored side mirrors and door handles, improved interior materials (there is just way to much hard plastic, not that its cheap) and alloy wheels standard (like previous models). (A lot of this has been covered with the 2009 Impreza.)