2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Great Car

2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Great Car
By Nick on

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. The only problem is the gas mileage, so I bought the manual and with some careful driving I can stay at 26 MPG, even in the city. Interior plastic feels cheap, but is study enough. For its engine size and weight it performs well enough though not exemplary. The Nissan Altima was a better ride but lacked electronic stability control (called VDC in the Subarus). Performance package is a must-have, it replaces the rear brake drums with safer discs. Also adds in-wheel radio controls and a six-CD in-dash changer. Shocks are pretty good. Tight fit for rear passengers. Corners very well.

Favorite Features

A list of safety features as long as my arm, especially with the performance package replacing the rear brake drums with discs. The in-wheel radio controls are great. Looks great. Wish I'd bought the WRX model. Hill assist starter, and audio-in port are great standard features.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof, larger armrest, telescoping wheel & wheel doesn't tilt enough so I have to keep my seat on the floor to be correctly positioned, power seats, better MPG, six gears