Great Car Great Price
By oZeven600rr on
2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Lots to love about this car. For the low price, you get AWD, tight suspension, pretty good MPG, fun, and room. The base stereo (4 speakers) is actually OK and doesn't distort at high volume. I will be adding the Subaru subwoofer soon. The ride is great and the car feels like it has claws that attack the road. 5 spd is fun since you have more control. Trunk loses some space as it raises toward the back because of the new double wishbone suspension. Interior is good for the price. Plastic used on the door and dash, but for $16k I don't mind. I like the looks of the 2007 better, but oh well. The 08 is more "grown up" looking.
Favorite Features
MPG readout. It really helps to conserve gas when wanted. I am getting 32 mpg hwy and 26 mpg city when driving conservatively. I love it with AWD! If I decide to have some fun on snowy roads, mileage drops to about 23. Still good for AWD.
Suggested Improvements
I can't seem to get the driver's seat with the pump height adjustment to fit me comfortably. Too high and I feel like it is pushing me out of the seat, too low and it is like I'm ghetto cruising.