Great car for the money
By scoob on
2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I've been a fan a Subaru for years and I was excited to see the new design for the Impreza. I decided to buy one to replace my 01 Nissan Altima and I haven't looked back!! It does pain me to see Subaru in trying to popularize this model among the masses has missed a few critical details. In order to win the masses, a few options and standard accessories are missing which I will mention below. However, Subaru is still the best for the money! The AWD alone (premium on most other cars) is worth it.
Favorite Features
Manual transmission (they are becoming an endangered species these days!). Symmetrical all wheel drive, Interior layout and materials, excellent ride, minimum road noise.
Suggested Improvements
Headlight auto on/off, sunroof! Sunglasses holder, Bluetooth phone package, optional heated mirrors and wiper deicer (is standard on Outback Sport). Get rid of the 4spd auto for a 5spd auto! Fuel econ needs improv to 30 mpg min, make 4-wheel disc brakes STD!