Fun and Comfortable
By Sam on
2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I have just over 1,600 miles on this car and I have grown to love it. The performance levels are so high that you have to get used to them before you can start enjoying the car as a driver's car. It is a wonderful car to drive around town and smooth and quiet on the highway. The suspension is communicative without being harsh. You get the information you need through the wheel and your seat, but it isn't in the sharp way of some performance cars. The gear change can be notchy, but the engine is a torque monster with plenty of power from 2,500 RPM. The sound system is nice, although it could use a subwoofer as standard and not an option. I am getting around 26 MPG mostly country driving.
Favorite Features
I love the AWD and the turbo. The sound system is really nice and I have actually found a situation where I needed to waste some time and watched an iPod video on the monitor. It isn't just a gimmick. It drives more like a european car, and deserves a look if you like the GTI, especially as a hatch.
Suggested Improvements
Grippier tires. They are decent, but not great and this car deserves great. There is some body roll. It is nothing that some anti sway bars can't handle, and it is only noticeable when you are at around 9/10ths. A 6 speed. But that is dreaming.