2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: First new car

2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

First new car
By edan on

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's a sharp looking car. Gets me a lot of complements. Not a lot of people know what it is which I like. I can't seem to find a comfortable spot to put the seat, and the clutch is the most unforgiving I've ever used. Fuel economy is pretty good I get about 25 city and 32 highway but I really baby it. There is no use trying to strangle power out of this thing. The interior is super nice, I love the blue accent light next to the shifter to put your phone or whatever. Fit and finish are exellent, interior is beautiful! Overall though I'm really impressed with the car.

Instruments are easy to read and get along with. Radio easy to program, car is very user friendly. I love the info cluster on the dash. Tells you outside air temp, time, and makes it easy to keep fuel economy up with a mpg gauge.

Five speed manual has given me some problems. Mainly the clutch, its either on or off. You need the perfect touch to get it to take off without surging and bucking on you. Difficult to get into reverse from time to time. Car pulls to the right on highway trips. Needs an alignment.