Didn't look twice @ Subaru until now
By 08STI on
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC, Nav, Silver BBS (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I have always been of the mind that performance equals American V8s. I bought this STI and quickly changed my mind. I am in my 30s and needed something a bit more, well, practical. I hate to say it. Decent mileage for 305 horses coupled with all wheel drive. I average about 19 city w/ short freeway commutes. This car will haul, groceries, kids, adults, large dogs, and large objects, all at a thrilling pace. It has a firm ride but not harsh. When you drive it, you can tell it means more business than just ho hum commutes. I would recommend this to any person looking for "usefulness" without leaving performance driving pleasure behind.
Favorite Features
Performance. This thing moves! All wheel drive allows you to throw it into any corner at tire screeching speed w/out nary a whimper. Interior is well laid out. Everything you need and some you want. Good interior space, decent fuel mileage, great exterior looks w/out saying "I'm 16."
Suggested Improvements
Price of nav w/ premium sound not good. Sound stinks. Nav is not user friendly. Nearly 40k and no power seats? HID headlights have an abrupt defining line from light to darkness. They don't shine far enough. Cheesy headliner reminds me of speaker box carpet. Clear tail lights are ugly, stick w/ red.