2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Best for the price

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Review

Best for the price
By Mike on

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got mine more than year ago. So far very pleased by the price/quality/value. I averaged ~22mpg (~6000 city + ~3000 highway) and I'm OK with that considering AWD, 2.5 engine and automatic transmission. I got Dark Gray Metallic colored car with dark interior. So far no mechanical problems - I've changed only oil and air filters. I believe that the engine is great and allows some fun on the road but could get better performance with manual transmission. Unfortunately my wife prefers automatic so we got less fun.

AWD, handling, reliability, safety and looks. Also I got very nice rate for my full coverage insurance compared to competitor vehicles. There is enough leg, shoulder and head room for tall drivers (I'm 6'5").

Better auto transmission, paint could be scratched very easily especially around door handles, standard audio speakers could be improved. Need better plastic materials for some of the parts like the holder of the fuel tank cap and some of the interior segments.