2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Best car i've ever owned

2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual w/VDC)

Best car i've ever owned
By luckyzsquirrel on

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car a couple years and plan to keep it for a long time. Handles great, comfortable, lots of features, solid, great visibility and performs! It may have "only" 170 Hp, but a very broad power band. This car flies up the Colorado mountain passes. I could easily do 20 over even the steepest grades here, while many cars struggle to hold the speed limit. AWD is extraordinary in the winter, in all but true off road and deep snow(say over a foot) this car does better than my truck. Its economy is rated at 19-22, but I've NEVER been close to that low. I consistently get just under 30 mpg combined driving. I've had it in the mid 30's on the highway.

Performance. Handling. Extremely roomy. Comfortable. Reliable. Well built. Does great in adverse conditions. Great MPG for AWD (I get close to 30mpg consistently, and as high as 37 on the highway).

Styling takes some getting used to. Road noise a little high. Front passenger sits really low, something short people might not like (the driver seat can be raised however).