At 22 years old, my dream car
By Todd on
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)
I purchased this vehicle because of its style, consumer reports of reliability, and all-wheel drive. I got the premium package which was mostly worth it. This car is very fun to drive, it is my primary vehicle. It is more enjoyable and more agile than a police cruiser... and faster. If I could buy one and donate it to the police department for me to drive, I would. It is very reliable and the AWD kicks when I visit family in Michigan where snow is a problem for cars without it. I spent 2 weeks researching cars in the 20K-30K range and this was the best one overall. Ratings were better, looks were better, and I couldn't find any serious negative reviews.
Favorite Features
Handling, acceleration, sporty looks, seats, simplicity, reliability, well-designed and doesn't feel cheaply made, nothing rattles, AWD. It is a very sturdy car. All-weather mats are nice. Gets 40 MPG if you scoot up behind a semi-truck at 55 MPH. Lots of airbags too.
Suggested Improvements
10-speaker premium sound (not really 10 speakers) is terrible. All windows should be auto-up and down, passenger seat should be as adjustable as drivers, all floor-mats should be keyed like drivers, should be able to turn key-in-ignition chime off, keyfob should work with key in ignition.