2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews 9

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
For All the Right Reasons!
By House on 11/04/07 19:32 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's super safe with front, side and curtain airbags and child latches in rear seat. It's super fast with a turbo that has some lag but the most hustle at the price range and even into the next. The AWD is also safe and fast, gripping corners, bends, and off-ramps. Driving in the rain feels like the traction is that of a tank and its control is superb like the feel of a running back on a highway full of blockers. Interior material is much more durable than other imprezas. Highway driving at 23.5 mpg, city at 18.6 right now, the trip computer allows for an average mpg reading. Very roomy and easy to make use of the hatch area.

Beyond My Expectations
By stacie on 10/31/07 19:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just moved to the mountains this past February and knew that I wouldn't be able to survive safely if I didn't have an AWD. After talking to a lot of the locals, I started seriously looking at Subarus. My new little 2008 5-door Impreza is awesome! I love the way it handles, how comfortable it is, how sporty it looks and I have already gotten a chance to see how it handles in the snow... great! It is by far the best car purchase I have ever made.

Traded my '04 Impreza for an '08 WRX
By MP on 10/28/07 19:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had a 2004 Outback Sport (which I loved dearly) and was nervous about the new model given the bad press on the internet over looks & worse handling. I drove the WRX, came back to the dealer smiling, and lost all doubts -- it's a great car. Like most Subarus it's neither hideous or gorgeous -- a few years behind the competition in styling and execution -- but it is solid, versatile, hopefully as trouble-free as my '04 was. Yes, it is more softly sprung than my old car but honestly I don't miss the go-kart ride. This car does however have a bit more 'float' in fast turns than my old car due to the softer springs - don't like that. Still sticks great, not a dealbreaker! Give the car a look.

Classy sport
By twisterx1124 on 10/28/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This may sound weird but this is my second new car as a 19 year old kid. My other car was a sports car as well but I kept getting pulled over in it because it looked like a sport car. I knew the reputaion of the WRX and decided to go with it because its new remodeled look has more of a business edge to it. It's a cross between a camry and a 5 series BMW i say. I love the car so far and have had it about a week. There have been no problems... still has a turbo lag but hey it is a turbo. Overall great car but averages about 17-21 mpg so gas can get pricey.

Great car for the money
By scoob on 10/21/07 10:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been a fan a Subaru for years and I was excited to see the new design for the Impreza. I decided to buy one to replace my 01 Nissan Altima and I haven't looked back!! It does pain me to see Subaru in trying to popularize this model among the masses has missed a few critical details. In order to win the masses, a few options and standard accessories are missing which I will mention below. However, Subaru is still the best for the money! The AWD alone (premium on most other cars) is worth it.

An Outback Sport review
By Bob on 10/15/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a lot of fun to drive, and if your drive normally pits you against the elements, it is especially worth considering. So far, I'm enjoying it a whole lot. Premium features incorporated in the Outback Sport are very worthwhile. VDC/TCS addition in an under $20,000 AWD car is impressive. Yes, I have a 2000 RS 2.5 that beats this car in handling, but that is not something that happened between model years. From my perspective, whatever compromises were made were worth it. You need to see it and drive it.

2.5i Hatch w/ Premium Package
By trekker23 on 10/11/07 18:13 PM (PDT)

Picked up the 2008 Imp 2.5i just a few days ago. Not going to lie, at first I hated the new body style, however it grew on me (well everything except for the tail lights, hence the 8 on exterior styling). Still being in the break in period, I haven't had the opportunity to really get on the engine, but I have high expectations. Very comfortable car. The seats are much better than my old Explorer. The car is about a million times more fun to drive as well. It handles very well, carving apart roads in West Virginia and still getting around 23 mpg in the city.

New 2008 Wagon Impreza
By Trinibwoy on 10/09/07 06:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just absolutely love this car. I have had previous Imprezas in my family before but this one is truly unique. I like the body design of the wagon as well as the increased cargo space and the rear spoiler.

Subaru Hatch
By subie 08 on 10/02/07 08:50 AM (PDT)

Just purchased an 08 hatch, premium w/ sat radio. Very impressed with the ride and build quality. I think the hatch looks very cool, and its already been handy.

Fun and Comfortable
By Sam on 09/22/07 21:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Sat Radio, Nav, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have just over 1,600 miles on this car and I have grown to love it. The performance levels are so high that you have to get used to them before you can start enjoying the car as a driver's car. It is a wonderful car to drive around town and smooth and quiet on the highway. The suspension is communicative without being harsh. You get the information you need through the wheel and your seat, but it isn't in the sharp way of some performance cars. The gear change can be notchy, but the engine is a torque monster with plenty of power from 2,500 RPM. The sound system is nice, although it could use a subwoofer as standard and not an option. I am getting around 26 MPG mostly country driving.