2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews 8

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Good Cruiser
By New Subie on 02/21/08 14:05 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Only have 500 miles so far, but it's been all good. Mixed city/highway on first tank yielded over 25 mpg, and on a 90 mile highway trip today, I got 33 mpg!! Plenty of power, great ride, and the new exterior design of the '08 is sharp.

Fantastic
By Mike on 01/30/08 19:29 PM (PST)

2nd Subaru. I traded in a 2007 Impreza. Got tired of the styling and ride. New 5 door just great. Get over 27 mpg mixed hwy and city. Car not broken in yet. Smooth, quiet ride. Zigs zags in and out of traffic. Buy it! You will love it!

It rocks!
By New to subaru on 01/08/08 19:08 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had been looking at the WRX. But cost of gas using this as a commute car , made me look at the regular Impreza. I was under the idea that the Outback sport had drum rear brakes. That is wrong. My salesman pointed this out to me on a just delivered silver Outback sport. I look the looks of it. It drives so solid. If you haven't driven a Subaru before take a test drive, it is the oddest feeling and it is great. Try this car and you will buy one. The winter package is only available on the outback sport and the WRx. Interior is great and the car handles very well. No regrets buying one.

Nearly Perfect
By chris on 01/06/08 14:34 PM (PST)

Have had the car since the end of Nov. and I am loving it. Outback package is the best of the bunch, larger wheels, two tone, great features for a great price. Great in the snow, after 3000 miles I am averaging 24.6 mpg in mixed driving. The look grows on me more and more. Roof rack is noisy, but easy to take off. Not a big fan of the stereo, the sound never seems to fill the cabin or your ears. I think I will upgrade or get the amp. Heated seats and mirrors are great. Overall I am very happy.

2008 Outback Sport
By Jeff on 01/02/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 2008 OBS, as with the Impreza/WRX family, is substantially changed from 2007. Most of the major issues on the earlier models (interior quality, handling, braking, climate control, tires, etc.) have been addressed, mostly successfully. The 2008, IMO, is far closer to the ideal of a WRX w/o the turbo than past attempts. The OBS's ability to travel through rain/sleet/snow, etc. is superb. Still, its appeal will likely be limited to those who value 4wd and a sporty image over size, utility, and gas mileage.

Beats Matrix,Fit, Versa and Vibe
By Aamir on 12/27/07 11:43 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car beats the Matrix,Fit and Versa when it comes to stability, power and performance. Try all the above in Wisconsin weather and you would know what I am talking about. Try the Impreza AWD and you would know why the trucks rush past you without caring much about the snow. It is the AWD, baby! The only thing I care about is the mileage. It is low but the car can give you more than 20 mpg driven in city conditions. It is as powerful as my Camry and does groan as others do when you hit the gas. The pickup is instant. The steering does not vibrate when on highway. Compared to all the above wagons this one is the best, safest and the fastest.

Great Value
By Caysey on 12/05/07 21:04 PM (PST)

This is a lot of car for not a lot of money. Interior room is comfortable, not a lot of wasted space, giving passengers more room. Powerful engine, tight steering, really fun to drive.

What they say is true
By RAS3 on 11/23/07 14:14 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I took delivery of a plain, no-frills, 5 door, 5 sp 08 WRX this past Monday. It isn't as "solid" (heavy) or quiet or plush as my old car. In fact, I have a strong sense of deja-vu with a '78 Corolla we once owned. It isn't a hard riding racer. It is a simple car that is very comfortable, quicker than most and a whole lot of FUN. The more I drive it, the more I like it. I was shocked by my first tank's mileage, then I realized that if I got off the boost once in a while, I really could get 22.5 mpg in town.

Impreza WRX wagon
By Hasanairforce on 11/22/07 00:51 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love the car so far! It has a lot of room and the ride is really smooth!

Affordable, fun, safe, & reliable
By zlguocius on 11/04/07 20:57 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I'm the face of the "new" Impreza owner: a regular Joe, not a rally-race-enthusiast. I had my last car for ~10 years, & I hope to keep this one even longer. I don't care what the fascia looks like, so long as it's not hideous, & I'm not impressed with faux luxury touches on the inside, like aluminum trim or cow-hide. I want a practical but fun car, on a budget. Scooby-Rex fits that bill perfectly. It has been incredibly fun to drive, lots of power even below 3K rpm, handles like a dream, satisfying engine growl yet reasonably low road noise, and the sport-shift automatic is the best of both worlds. My biggest complaint is 18mpg in mixed driving, and the related 4-spd transmission.