2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great Car
By Nick on 06/12/08 04:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. The only problem is the gas mileage, so I bought the manual and with some careful driving I can stay at 26 MPG, even in the city. Interior plastic feels cheap, but is study enough. For its engine size and weight it performs well enough though not exemplary. The Nissan Altima was a better ride but lacked electronic stability control (called VDC in the Subarus). Performance package is a must-have, it replaces the rear brake drums with safer discs. Also adds in-wheel radio controls and a six-CD in-dash changer. Shocks are pretty good. Tight fit for rear passengers. Corners very well.

08 Outback sport
By rachel on 06/04/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for two weeks. It is quite different than my last car (95 Toyota Camry), so it's taken some getting used to. My only complaints are road noise on the highway, and uncomfortable headrests (they push your head forward). I like the way it looks and drives so far, but we'll see after the upcoming winter. That's the reason why I bought a Subaru, for all the bad weather driving we do in New England.

New Impreza outback sport
By jeremy on 06/01/08 23:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have now owned this car for about a month, and have had time to fully evaluate the car aside from the maintenance. All in all, we are very satisfied with the vehicle and get about 23.5 miles to the gallon with 80% city driving. Highly recommend this vehicle.

Everything I was looking for and more!
By Chris on 06/01/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

2 1/2 weeks old, 650 miles, and loving every one of them. This is my second Subaru. I have a 2004 Legacy Limited Edition and I had to get another. I love my Impreza. Getting about 28 highway and about 24 city mpg. I could not ask for more. Super fun to drive. 170 hp and feels like more. To this day both of my Subarus handled and held the road like no other car I have ever driven! Can't wait for the first New Jersey snowstorm! Dark Grey Metallic paint is beautiful and everyone says so. Wish it had fog lights, they will be coming soon! Great car for a great value

My 1st Subie
By kuling23 on 05/25/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great. One of the best deals if your looking for something in the 20-21k range. Very comfortable and very quiet ride. Suspension should be a little titer on corners but other than that, I love the car. Going on 4k miles now and have avg 24-25 consistently. Had one snow storm and the car didn't flinch once. The vdc works great and kept the car calm under snowy cornering. The seats fold flat down and make trips to lowes and hd a sinch. And u can hook up roof racks to the top with the pre-cut sockets on the rails.

Great Car for the Money!
By Brandon on 05/22/08 12:17 PM (PDT)

I have had this car for 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it! The stick shift is fun and helps to maintain good fuel economy. I have been getting on average 26 to 28 MPG mixed highway/city driving. The car is very roomy, and the seats are comfortable. The ride is greatly improved over previous years with the new rear wishbone suspension and the outback raised suspension helps too. The acceleration is a bit slow but I am more intersted in saving gas these days. The maneuverability of the vehicle is great too, very responsive. I live in Vermont and I got his car because I knew it would help out in the winter season and that to me is worth a sacrifice in fuel economy. Usability over gas.

Bought Used 2008 WRX wagon
By plist on 05/04/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Sat Radio, Nav, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Picked up a used 08 WRXwagon. Had 8000 miles on it. Runs great, fun, decent gas mileage for the zip and pep ones gets. Maybe it's me but having situations with dvd and radio sound. Radio static or crackling, sound in and out or totally gone. DVD sound, music plays but people speaking sounds cave like. Subwoofer ok, but sound system itself is weak compared to my Hummer I traded. CDs play great so must be antenna trouble? Worth buying used, love the WRX!

Great Sport Sedan for the Money
By Scoopie on 04/28/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently traded in a 2001 BMW 325i for a 2008 Impreza WRX 5-door. Although I loved my BMW, I was not able to afford all the features I really wanted. After searching, I chose the Subaru for its blend of power, handling, and usability. I also look forward to only having one set of wheels/tires that will work year around so I do not have to mess with swapping winter and three-season wheels every year. I think this car was a good choise and I think it will work out well.

Impreza WRX rocks!
By Doug, Cleveland, OH on 04/25/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've driven moderately sporty cars for a few years (Legacy GT Ltd, MG-ZTT), but this new Impreza leaves them all standing. Very fast (but not *crazy* fast), surprisingly refined (even over eye-watering Ohio roads) and - get this - I'm leasing it for less than $250/month....unbelievable. I can't tell you how good I feel about this car, and how little it's costing me. If you're after speed and good looks - without busting your wallet - you would be insane to get anything else.

Perfect New England Car
By vtcj on 04/24/08 06:05 AM (PDT)

So far, this car is terrific. We had tons of snow in Vermont this winter, and I was able to drive anywhere with the standard all-weather tires. While the drive doesn't quite have the feel of a European car, the 5 speed is fun enough and the price tag for an AWD vehicle is just right. Love the hatch for bike/skis/dog etc., and the premium package with the VDC, leather stuff and 6 disc changer is totally worth the money. MPG is better than expected. I do mostly highway driving, and after 10,000 miles I'm starting to average around 29 MPG.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.