2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
2008 Impreza WRX loaded
By JMILLER on 01/19/09 08:56 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Sat Radio, Nav, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great acceleration, handling, hill climbing and traction in the Chicago snow. Really like the looks. People are surprised that my car is a Subaru. Average about 27 mpg on the highway and 20mpg in the city. 1st gear is too low and would be nice if there was a 6th gear. Also noticed is hard to keep inside at a consistent temperature Also nav system should come with bluetooth and not be a $400.00 add-on. For the price, worth every penny.

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
By Stephan on 01/10/09 03:06 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand-new in September 2008 to replace my 2005 Impreza RS wagon. I love the looks of the new car versus the old - it was long due for a ground-up remodel and they (IMHO) got it right. Upgrading to the outback sport was a no-brainer considering what the package gives you; roof-rack, larger 17" alloy wheels, a far better stereo, 4 wheel disc brakes, upgraded suspension and the very slick VDC. Oh, and you get to say 'Outback' even though it's also an Impreza. :) So Subaru calls it a wagon. Why? It doesn't look or smell or taste like a wagon. With the seats up & even with a mild trip to the market, it can't even stuff like a wagon. Call it what it is. A great little 5 door!

Passenger Airbag concerns
By SBNP on 01/09/09 11:34 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently brought the car in for some warranty issues as well as a software recall on the ECU. I mentioned to the advisor that when my spouse or 13 yr. daughter sit in the passenger seat, the airbag off light illuminates. They assured me everything was fine and that I could have them take off of school and work to come in and they would teach them how to sit correctly. With some persistence the dealer called me back and confirmed that they cannot get the light to say on with ~105-129lbs. on a brand new STI. The NHTSA says that they never tested that car. SOA told me they did, but it turns out the base Impreza was. Either way, SOA said they will not change anything.

Best Commuter for 4 Seasons
By Strand on 12/31/08 22:47 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car as my commuter ride - 90 miles/day on mostly open roads, only a hand full of lights and stops. Believe it or not, I'm averaging 34-35 mpg for the last 10k miles. This likely has a lot to do with the lack of stop and go and the elevation (5500-7200'). I'm still amazed that an AWD car can be this nimble, get this kind of mileage, and do so well in the mountains.

Great Car
By Patch on 12/29/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car that is fun and safe to drive. I get between 29-30 mpg with it in mixed driving. Good access in the back to carry loads. Had a WRX before that was fun, but had a harsh ride and was not as stable in adverse winter conditions. This car has plenty of pep.

At 22 years old, my dream car
By Todd on 12/29/08 00:22 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I purchased this vehicle because of its style, consumer reports of reliability, and all-wheel drive. I got the premium package which was mostly worth it. This car is very fun to drive, it is my primary vehicle. It is more enjoyable and more agile than a police cruiser... and faster. If I could buy one and donate it to the police department for me to drive, I would. It is very reliable and the AWD kicks when I visit family in Michigan where snow is a problem for cars without it. I spent 2 weeks researching cars in the 20K-30K range and this was the best one overall. Ratings were better, looks were better, and I couldn't find any serious negative reviews.

2008 WRX Wagon 5 spd
By Jay on 12/16/08 15:05 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car!! I am a sales rep and drive it a lot, and extremely hard. I actually got 38.5 MPG at 60 mph on the freeway during break in. But after break in I began to drive it like I stole it and still avg 22.5 mpg with 50/50 miles around town and highway, and hitting 6000 rpm all the time. The 09 has stiffer springs and 40 more BHP. I think with the 09, there's no reason to buy an STI unless you want to go to jail. The best bang for the buck out there!

ZZzzooooommmmmm!
By LYLETN on 12/03/08 14:56 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is really FUN!! I'm using it as my highway traveler & it's a real kick to drive. This is my 3rd Impreza wagon upping the horsepower every time. This car is much more refined than the 06 WRX it replaces. It has a great ride & is faster, & handles better. I've had no problems with rattles, the overall fit & finish kicks my former WRX square in the back end! There is no comparison.

Lots of Fun for the Money
By David on 12/01/08 11:50 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a bit over a year. I bought it as a second car, but with the lease ending on my primary vehicle (Infiniti M35x), this little Subaru Impreza has become my primary vehicle. I must say, I really love this little guy. I was originally drawn to the exterior and the interior design (beautiful), but really fell in love with how it drives. It's great fun. My usual tastes for higher-end cars are turned upside down with this Impreza. I just don't see a reason to upgrade and spend the extra $$$ at this time.

STI for adults
By erven50 on 11/26/08 14:39 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my 2008 STI in March of 2008 and have been completely satisfied. It is fast, useful and the 2008 avoided the "boy racer" wing of older STIs. Some say the car has gotten soft - as compared to what? If a far better car and as fast as my 2004 Mustang Cobra and a powerful car with all wheel drive is simply amazing. The dealers are now discounting the STI heavily - my advice is if you want performance and durability - test drive the new STI - and gas mileage is 20-22 if you exercise some control. The STI is hands down the best performance car I have ever owned

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.