Used 2008 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

The Good and The Bad
By John

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Being that it has turbo, the WRX is a blast to drive in a straight line. Add corners to the equation and you'd better hang on to the handles if you have the 08. Don't worry, they added sway bars to the 09 WRX because of the problem. They also added significantly more horsepower to the 09 WRX. I feel ripped off that these fixes didn't come with the original 08 WRX model.

Heated seats, hatchback trunk makes it easy to see out of and to load big items with the seats folded down. AWD makes being in the snow fun. Safety ratings are great! Better go with the better speakers from what others have said about the base speakers. My upgraded dealership speakers sound great!

Sunroof, improved gas mileage, interior noise dampening, fix the shifter, passenger side airbag has a difficult time picking up people around 107 pounds which makes the girlfriend a little nervous it won't go off in an accident. Maybe a button to keep it on if you want?

Slow Love Affair
By Chicabags

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Sat Radio, Nav, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first brand new car and Subaru. My first driving an AWD as well. At first I didn't like it much. It took me a year to appreciate it. In time I experienced how safe it kept in challenging weather, bumping terrain sudden braking. I love how safe it keeps me on the road. This is important to me since I drive quite a bit on a daily basis, street and highway. However, there are a lot of things I would like changed. Appreciate anti-theft features standard with the model.

New exterior design. Really LOVE the Newport Blue. The upgraded stereo sound system is great for my taste. Don't need to blast it to enjoy it. I love the surrounded system feature.

REPLACE NAVIGATION PROGRAM. Very inaccurate and unclear mapping directions. Unreliable. Too difficult to figure out. Side view visibility poor. Front seats too low. Back window view difficult to gauge closeness of car behind. Need to use side view mirrors for clarity.

Not worth the money
By Carmen

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Way too much money for what you get. I paid $34,000 for my 2008 STI and it started to wear, rattle, and the is so cheaply done that it scratches easily and flakes off. The car is fast but is very hard to get it to drive smoothly. It jerks with the smallest of gas and throttle inputs. The utility of the hatch is great and its very fast. I averaged about 17 mpg and that should be against the law in a 4 cylinder car. The seats are cheap and offer no support. I have been in $18,000 cars with better sport seats.

1. Speed the car is fast. 2. Utility of a hatch 3. Styling

Subaru needs to use better paint. The interior ages quickly and the shiny parts scratch and flake. The seats need to be bolstered and of a higher quality. Get rid of the rattles it rattles in the front, sides, and back. Use direct injection for better gas mileage.

My 5th Subaru--And Not My Last
By ccarbone22

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Impreza in March 2008. This is my 5th Subaru, and I'm a big fan. So far over 15,000 miles, not one single problem. The 2.5L engine is great, and the car handles quiet well. Lots of cargo room with the rear seats down, and the optional roof rails and cargo carrier are helpful too. AWD is great, and over the 15K miles, I've gotten 26 MPG overall-- which I think is really good considering the AWD and larger 4-cyl engine. The wagon (yes, it's a wagon, not a hatchback!) looks great-the sedan is kinda boring. Interior design is nice, and the materials are an improvement over past Imprezas. Looking forward to many years and miles with this car!

The growl of the boxer engine, AWD, exterior design, reliability, and the fun of driving it! And the fact that it's a Subaru!

Subaru, PLEASE get a clue and start putting better sound systems in your cars. Every Subaru I've owned has had a terrible sound system. Otherwise, no major improvements needed.

Very fun and Reliable!
By Huffman.ben

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my very first brand new car and I'm glad I bought a Subaru. I have had no problems to date. I went through one winter so far and it was easy with the WRX.

AWD, Heated Seats,Turbo