2008 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
My First Subaru
By Todd on 08/29/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased a Subaru Impreza WRX 5pd about six months ago. I must say it has been one of the most fun cars I have ever driven. Acceleration is good with the exception of a little turbo lag and the handling is great. The AWD take a bit getting use to being that you need to use a little more clutch than a FWD or RWD vehicle. I can wait to see how it does in the snow this winter. This is my first Subaru, but certainly not the last.

Great buy
By jnaz on 08/23/08 14:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this vehicle, the gas mileage is great and it is a pleasure to drive. The back seat and trunk are both a bit tight but I would recommend this car to anyone.

Very Happy
By CMM on 08/21/08 13:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We are truly happy with this vehicle, the look, the comfort, the ride etc. I had a 6cyl and it's hard to downgrade to a 4 but the AWD does help.

Love this car
By Drew on 08/21/08 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I average 27-28 MPG combined between city and highway....SPT Exhaust sounds great! Very comfortable, love the pearl white paint, good looking gauges. Very happy with this car!

So Far So Good
By J.R. on 08/03/08 21:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After this past winter my wife wanted all wheel drive but wanted a car not SUV or truck, factor in affordability and Subaru stands alone. This is our first Subaru and so far have been happy. We prefer the more grown up look of the 08 compared to the previous juvenile looking Imprezas. The interior is pretty roomy and comfortable and the exterior is generally pleasant even though it is mistaken for Toyota Corolla by people at first. The car has a nice ride and handles well, the back seat is roomy for a compact and the trunk isn't bad once you factor in the back seat folds down. The cloth seats have a nice look. Gas mileage has been in the 20's with 7500 miles driven.

First car I loved long after buying it
By Dave on 07/26/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

Wanted AWD and comfort without a 3 series price. Found it in the Impreza. 130 mph without the turbo. 65 mph = 34.5 mpg. 80 mph = 27 mpg. Feels pinned to the road in the rain. Snow is manageable with the stock tires; rather have some snow tires. Premium sound system is ok. Audiophiles won't live with it for long. Durable interior. I'm hoping for 200,000 miles and I think I'll get it.

Can't go wrong with a Subaru
By hunghog on 07/17/08 14:55 PM (PDT)

We have only had this car for a week or two and love it. The ride is great and we are very happy with the purchase. What other cars can you buy with AWD standard and great mileage. The EPA mileage estimates are all low for every car starting this model year. We went on a short highway trip about 100 miles at 70 mph and got 33 mpgs. Bought car for wife as a grocery getter and trip car. We actually test drove the legacy because that was the car I wanted but felt the new Impreza had more leg room and a better ride than the Legacy.

Always looking forward to driving
By Lucas on 07/15/08 02:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

So far at 5k miles I am happy. This car has exceptional power and still gets ~23mpg with spirited driving. I have not driven much in the snow with the car, but so far the AWD has been great at keeping me gripping all the time. Transmission is smooth although the clutch makes odd noises occasionally. Seats are comfy. The tires should be upgraded at some point, however so far they are evenly wearing. Trunk in sedan is short where it meets the back seats. The brakes don't seem quite as "grippy" as one would assume. Also road noise is loud in this car, but I can deal with that. The stereo is somewhat weak but the engine is wonderful to listen to. Overall very satisfied with purchase.

Good winter car
By hb on 07/07/08 04:45 AM (PDT)

Great winter car for northern NY. The combination of all wheel drive plus stability control is fantastic for icy / snow covered roads which are the norm here in the winter

08 WRX
By Tyler on 06/21/08 21:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD w/Sat Radio, Nav, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have had this car for 6 weeks and loving every single minute of it. Been driving Subaru's since I was 16 and this is my first WRX. Amazing handling, great speed and so damn fun to drive. Gas mileage is fine but i find myself filling up often because I just want to get out and drive the car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.