2008 Subaru WRX STi vs. 2008 Mitsu Evo
By Perry1 on
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Hatchback AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
After reading extensive reviews and test driving both the 2008 STI and the new Evo, I purchased the STI. Evo is more boy racer vs. STi's maturity. The STi is a pleasure to drive. The seats are more comfortable than the Evo's for longer distance driving. STi also has 3 different driving modes depending on what type of driving you want to do - Intelligent/everyday vs. Sport vs. Sport Sharp, a cutting edge racing type driving mode that gobbles up a tank of 93 octane like nobody's business! The Sport Sharp mode is like flipping a nitrous switch and boosts the already awesome acceleration over 3500 rpm. I actually have the little woman thinking that my, sorry, "our" new STI is a great family car!
Favorite Features
Performance, truly a pleasure to drive, exhaust note, practicality, cargo space. The styling is also great, and I get a lot of thumbs up from people checking the car out. Interior has a nice fit & finish too, unlike Evo's heavily plastic interior. This is an awesome year round sports car.
Suggested Improvements
The only improvement I can think of would be if the car were cheaper, but Subaru already got my money, so what good will it do me?