Used 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

08 Impreza Sedan
By hntrania

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for 2 weeks now and it is great, lots of highway driving and have had no problems. Can't wait to try out the AWD in the Colorado winters.

Favorite Features

Lots of horsepower for such a small car, and it's even better with a manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

The middle armrest is definitely too short to be of any use.

Great Base 4i, fast fun interior lacking
By p2adan

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a Base w/out premium package a few days ago. Options: iPod, painted guards, mats. I love the front independent and wishbone, sooo smooth. Especially in Seattle where there are lots of hills, cobble stone brick roads and potholes. 5 star crash test rating. Can't wait to get to the mountain passes and take advantage of the AWD. This is simply much more value then any other car in class. If you can afford Premium w/ VCD do it.

Favorite Features

Performance! Quick off the line and revs fast. Built sporty even though it's not the Sport or WRX hatchback design offers a more functional space as opposed to sedan. LED tail lights, get em! Standard airbags for front and back seat side impact. Lot's of standard options, HIDs! AWD!

Suggested Improvements

Base interior needs some improvement, already hear some sort of rattle coming from the cargo cover or seat at 110 miles. Carbon fiber hood. Dash and roof kinda cheapy but very functional. I am definitely gonna stick a Garmon behind the steering wheel in front of the gas guage.

great car
By new buyer

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased the Impreza. The 170 HP and AWD make the car perform exceptionally. The seats are of a 70s type found in cars in the 80s the velor which i prefer stitched cloth. I have test driven many cars this was my choice.

Favorite Features

The powerful 173 standard HP . The ability of the car to exceed others in ride quality and safety. Over all low interior noise.

Suggested Improvements

Seats should be better constructed. What is with the card board interior roof?

Great Car Great Price
By oZeven600rr

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Lots to love about this car. For the low price, you get AWD, tight suspension, pretty good MPG, fun, and room. The base stereo (4 speakers) is actually OK and doesn't distort at high volume. I will be adding the Subaru subwoofer soon. The ride is great and the car feels like it has claws that attack the road. 5 spd is fun since you have more control. Trunk loses some space as it raises toward the back because of the new double wishbone suspension. Interior is good for the price. Plastic used on the door and dash, but for $16k I don't mind. I like the looks of the 2007 better, but oh well. The 08 is more "grown up" looking.

Favorite Features

MPG readout. It really helps to conserve gas when wanted. I am getting 32 mpg hwy and 26 mpg city when driving conservatively. I love it with AWD! If I decide to have some fun on snowy roads, mileage drops to about 23. Still good for AWD.

Suggested Improvements

I can't seem to get the driver's seat with the pump height adjustment to fit me comfortably. Too high and I feel like it is pushing me out of the seat, too low and it is like I'm ghetto cruising.